Cha, cha, cha!

But the LORD said to Samuel, "Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart."
1 Samuel 16:7 ***Click to read about God choosing the underdog***


Fortunately, I have been blessed so as to not have any major physical abnormalities and being in pretty good health I don’t have much to complain about. But, no, it’s not good enough for me to be in good health and have all my fingers and toes, I want to be “perfect”. My Mom has a great saying that she used on us as little girls “If you were perfect, they would put you in a museum away from your family because you would be the ONLY perfect person.” And later in life I learned that it would be that or I would be crucified…that’s what happened to the only one that ever lived.

And what about beauty standards? Wow, they say Marilyn Monroe was a size 12 and while that may be true, she had a perfect complexion, plump lips, shiny hair, and big cha-cha’s…those things are still considered a standard of beauty, I’m sure. I can chase my tail trying to adhere to man’s standards, or I can work on the me that He sees.

I can try to be patient with my spitfire 5 year old. I can be kind to the mentally handicapped busboy that won’t leave my friend and I alone while we eat because he’s lonely and wants to talk. I can faithfully and joyfully give my tithe. I can love my neighbor (even when they park on their front lawn). I can try to perpetuate peace by not facilitating gossip.

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires. 25 Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. 26 Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other. Galatians 5:22-26 ***This book of the Bible is really cool, I like the one right after it too (Ephesians), check it out!***


I had to throw that bonus verse in there today, so you gals didn’t think I came up with that stuff about patience on my own…ha! And just let me say that some days I would have a better chance at the big cha-cha’s and glowing skin than love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control (oh, especially that one) – but at least I won’t need plastic surgery for any of those – just my Bible.

Have a great weekend!!
Andrea

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lincoln Marathon Race Report

Woohoo for Week Two + *sad face*

Maximum Pressure - Achieved